Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A Trip to my LYS (local yarn store)

Well today was a day I had been looking forward too.. I was going to go to my LYS! I had some volunteering to do at the public library (art show); and since the yarn store is right by the library it looked like it would be the perfect opportunity. I had a gift certificate (thanks to the greatest sister one could ever have) and some ideas of what I may get. Let me just tell you it was a successful trip. The choices were hard to make so many beautiful feeling yarns to choose from.. a true yarngasm experience. I ended up getting supplies for four (4) projects.
  • 2 skeins of Cascade 220 (for brea bag)
  • purse handles (for brea bag)
  • 3 more skeins of Cascade 220 (might be a sweater)
  • some size 5 double pointed needles (a scarf I want to make needs these)
  • a skein of Tofutsies- the yarn with shrimp and crab shells (i've always wanted to try)
  • oh and a scarf kit -couldn't pass on the price or the ease of pattern

The scarf kit contained 2 skeins of metal wink (a true novelty yarn) each priced at 6.75 and a skein of Patons Katrina at 9.00. I got it all for 19.95. Oh and all you need to do is cast on 12 stitches on size 17 needles and just knit away. The novelty yarn is white while the patons yarn is a soft blue.. I can't wait to see how it comes out.

Now all I have to do is finish some other projects and I can start on these. But who knows I might not worry about my WIPs and might just start on one of these; I'll just have to see.

2 comments:

chenchy said...

what are you going to make with the tofutsies?

Anonymous said...

Great work.

Welcome

Welcome to all who have come to read my blog. Please understand that this is a total Work in Progress. I vow to get better as time goes on.